Contact lenses can provide you with clear and comfortable vision without glasses. They are ideal for sports, the
outdoors, or anyone who enjoys freedom from their glasses. Get relief from those glasses that fog up on cold days.
The optometrists at North Peace Optometry Clinic can offer contact lenses to suit your lifestyle. We implement the latest technology in contact lens material and diagnostic equipment to provide contact lenses with the best comfort and vision. Your eye health is important to us, so we take care to perform a thorough health examination of your eyes and fit you with contact lenses that fit the unique shape of your eyes. Our expert staff will train you on proper contact lens hygiene and care, after which you will get the opportunity to take them for a trial.
As added value, when you purchase your contact lenses from North Peace Optometry Clinic, you are reassured that you will be getting the best product and service. We will examine your contact lenses free of charge at each eye exam. We offer free replacement of your lenses if your prescription should change or if you ever have a defective lens. We will always keep you informed of the newest products and offer free trials if you ever wish to try another product.
Soft contact lenses
Offer the best comfort and will almost never fall out. These contact lenses are disposable and simple to care for. Soft contact lenses can correct for astigmatism and are available in multifocals, which allow for better near vision without reading glasses.
Monthly & Biweekly disposable
- Most suitable for individuals who wish to wear their contact lenses regularly
- Offer high oxygen permeability and often allow for overnight wear of contact lenses
- Solution, lens case, and cleaning is required
- Most suitable for periodic wear, children, or individuals with dry eye symptoms
- Recommended for those who wear their contact lenses in water or who have environmental allergies such as dust or pollen
- No solution, case, or cleaning is required. The ultimate in convenience and health.
Hard contact lenses
Rigid Gas Permeable (RGP)
- Suitable for individuals with high prescriptions or corneal irregularities.
- Not as comfortable as soft contact lenses, but often last up to two years.
- A contact lens specially designed to reshape the eye overnight
- Allows for clear, comfortable daytime vision without glasses or contact lenses.
- An alternative to refractive surgery. Results are reversible. Safe for adults and children.
- Wash your hands with soap and water. Dry them well with a clean cloth before touching your contact lenses every time.
- Don’t sleep in your contact lenses unless prescribed by your eye doctor.
- Keep water away from your contact lenses. Avoid showering in contact lenses, and remove them before using a hot tub or swimming.
Your contact lenses
- Rub and rinse your contact lenses with contact lens disinfecting solution—never water or saliva— to clean them each time you remove them.
- Never store your contact lenses in water.
- Replace your contact lenses as recommended by your eye doctor.
Your contact lens case
- Rub and rinse your contact lens case with contact lens solution—never water—and then empty and dry with a clean tissue. Store upside down with the caps off after each use.
- Replace your contact lens case at least once every three months.
Your contact lens solution
- Don’t “top off” solution. Use only fresh contact lens disinfecting solution in your case—never mix fresh solution with old or used solution.
- Use only the contact lens solution recommended by your eye doctor.
Your eye doctor
- Visit your eye doctor yearly or as often as he or she recommends.
- Ask your eye doctor if you have questions about how to care for your contact lenses and case or if you are having any difficulties.
- Remove your contact lenses immediately and call your eye doctor if you have eye pain, discomfort, redness, or blurred vision.
- Carry a backup pair of glasses with a current prescription—just in case you have to take out your contact lenses.